This year we will host the Tatra Spring Fest on Sunday 11 June. Traditionally a fun-filled day where conviviality is the main focus.
For the occasion we have found a new location, which is “de Rotsblokken” of Scouting de Geuzen at Diependalseweg 3, 6813 GE in Arnhem. The building is fully equipped and in case of bad weather we can even sit together inside. Of course we hope that the weather is such that we can sit together outside. The area is fenced in completely and the surroundings are perfect for a hike on the beautiful Mariëndaal estate, where dogs are allowed to run free.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- At 10.30 a.m. you are expected and will be served coffee, tea and some goodies.
- At around 11 a.m., anyone who wants to can go for a stroll. There is a 3 km route, but this can be slightly lengthened or shortened due to the mixed company of older and younger people, senior dogs and puppies.
- After the hike or in the meantime, there is plenty of time for a chat, a game and a brief activity. Coffee, tea and other beverages are at everyone’s disposal.
- Hannah Meijlink will be giving a workshop on acupressure for dogs. (For a short explanation see *))
- At around 3.00 pm we will serve a varied buffet for the physical well-being.
- From about 4.30 pm we will then (hopefully with all) start washing up and tidying things up, leaving everything neat and tidy to be handed over to the scouts at about 5.30 pm.
Each one of us is responsible for the conduct of his or her dog. A certain amount of supervision is therefore advised and dog feces should be disposed of by the owner.
Parking is unfortunately not possible at Diependalseweg. A parking spot should be found in the nearby residential area.
The meal includes a cold and hot buffet. There is no charge for our members to participate at this day. For non-members the fee is 7,50 € per person, children up to 5 years are for free, for children from 5 to 15 years the fee is 2,50 € per child.
The Tatra Spring Fest is an ideal opportunity to get to know the Polish Tatra Sheepdog as well as the TOPNL association in a relaxed and cosy setting. We do hope that you, our members, will participate numerously, but guests are also very welcome! Should you wish to bring along guests, this is of course also permitted. In order for this day to be well prepared and a success, it is essential that you register in advance. The best way to sign up is by using the registration form on our website or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Deadline for registration is Monday 5 June!
Join us and have a very enjoyable day!
*) The workshop lasts about one hour. A maximum of 7 dogs and their accompanying persons can take an active part in each session. If there is adequate interest, then two sessions will be held. Please bring a rug for the dog to lay on for this purpose.
Acupressure is an oriental pressure point massage, the basics of which can be learned by any dog owner. Seven pressure points on dogs will be dealt with and the principles taught. Acupressure can have an empowering effect on the overall well-being of the dog’s body and mind. The focus is on musculoskeletal support and relaxation techniques to reduce stress.